1)Putting an end to all the speculations, Congress on Sunday announced Charanjit Singh Channi as the new Punjab Chief Minister.
➨A lawyer, management graduate, lifelong student, and saviour of the Dalits. A self-made politician, the new chief minister of Punjab is a man of many parts.
2) UN chief Antonio Guterres appointed Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi as new Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocate ahead of the start of the 76th UN General Assembly.
3) Union Minister of State (MoS) for Communications, Devusinh Chauhan launched a commemorative postal stamp in honour of Rao Jaimal Rathore on his 515th birth anniversary in Srinagar.
➨Rathore was a Rajput warrior general of Chittorgarh who put up a defiant resistance against the vast Mughal army during its siege in 1567 to 1568.
Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
4) Eminent theoretical physicist and cosmologist Thanu Padmanabhan passed away, aged 64.
➨His brilliance and precocity in theoretical physics was evident right from the start when he published his first research paper in General Relativity at the age of 20 while being a B.Sc student.
5) Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the Ujjwala 2.0 scheme on 18 September 2021 during his day-long visit to Madhya Pradesh.
➠ Ujjwala 2.0 scheme aims to cover 10 million more beneficiaries in the second phase of the scheme.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
6) Quality Council of India (QCI) has launched Prof. S.K. Joshi Laboratory Excellence Award to promote Laboratory Quality and performance improvement in the country. the award is the first-of-its-kind LaboratoryExcellence Award in the country.
7) Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched a unique Scheme called SPIN (Strengthening the Potential of India) and set up a pottery cluster under SFURTI Scheme in Varanasi to empower over 1100 people of the marginalized potters’ community on the occasion of “Sewa Diwas”, the birthday of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
8) Ravindra Narayan Ravi was sworn-in as the Governor of Tamil Nadu, succeeding Banwarilal Purohit who has since been shifted to Punjab.
➨Chief Justice of the Madras High Court, Sanjib Banerjee administered the oath of office to Ravi at an official ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan here.
Tamil Nadu :-
➨ CM – M K Stalin
➨Sathyamangalam tiger reserve (STR)
➨Kalakkad Mundanthurai tiger reserve (KMTR)
9) Rajasthan has passed a bill to amend an act on mandatory registration of marriages, including child marriages.
➨The assembly passed the Rajasthan Compulsory Registration of Marriages (Amendment) Bill, 2021, which amends the Rajasthan Compulsory Registration of Marriages Act, 2009 and under which information on child marriage must be furnished by their parents or guardians within 30 days of the wedding.
10) The hole in ozone that is created every year over the south pole region has now become larger than Antarctica. ➨The layer depletes and forms a hole over the Antarctic in the southern hemisphere’s spring, which is from August to October.
11) Manipur Chief minister N Biren Singh announced that the famous chilli grown at Ukrul district’s Sirarakhong village and the orange of Tamenglong district have received the Geographical Index (GI) tag.
➨CM :- Nongthombam Biren Singh
➨Governor :- La. Ganesan
➨Keibul-Lamjao National Park
12) A 12-year-old environmental activist from Mumbai has been named as a 2021 International Young Eco-Hero in recognition of his efforts to solve tough environmental problems.
13) Union Education Minister and Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan virtually presented Kaushalacharya Awards 2021 to 41 skill trainers for their exemplary contribution to the skill ecosystem.
14) The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has launched a new mobile app ‘Pragati’ (Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator) for its development officers. LIC has also come out with an artificial intelligence (AI) technology-based app ‘Jeevan Saakshaya’.
15) Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Electronics and Information Technology, Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurated a Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) facility in Kohima.
➨The STPI is a science and technology organization established in 1991 by the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Nagaland :- CM – Neiphiu Rio Governor – Jagdish Mukhi Shilloi Lake, Meluri Kohima War Cemetery Tokhu Emong Festival Naknyulem Festival Hornbill Festival
16) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has released a book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’, authored by Dr Prabhleen Singh, administrative officer at the Punjabi University, Patiala.
➨The book is part of the commemoration of the 400th birth anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Guru of Sikhs.
17) The government has started generating 12-digit unique IDs for farmers that can be used to avail all farm-related services under various schemes “seamlessly”.
➨A unique ID for each farmer is part of the Government’s initiative to create a database by collating data from various schemes, such as PM-Kisan, and linking them with land records.
18) Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia launched a mobile music classroom and recording studio which aims to assist children of Delhi government schools in pursuing their passion in music.
➨It is India’s first ‘Mobile Music Bus’, and aims to train children through a media-based curriculum, including audio production and film production, to help them build sustainable careers in these fields.
19) The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, conferred the National Florence Nightingale Awards 2020 at a virtual ceremony.
➨The award was presented to 51 health care workers and nurses for their selfless dedication and compassion, especially during COVID-19 pandemic.
➨The National Florence Nightingale Award was instituted by the Government of India in 1973 and are named after Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
20) Hyderabad-based International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) has been awarded the Africa Food Prize 2021 for improving food security in sub-Saharan Africa.