1)To provide effective long-range marine communication, a marine communication mode Radio-over-Internet-Protocol (RoIP) system was inaugurated at Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (SMP Kolkata).
➨The RoIP system is being introduced as a marine communication mode, for the first time in any major Indian port. It covers the entire Hugli River Estuary from Kolkata to Sandheads, having base stations at four locations.
West Bengal :-
➨CM – Mamata Banerjee
GOVERNOR – Jagdeep Dhankhar
Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
2) A liaison officer from the Seychelles was on Monday posted at the Indian Navy’s Information Fusion Centre (IFC) that has emerged as a key hub in tracking movements of ships and other developments in the Indian Ocean.
Ministry of Defence :-
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Founded – 15 August 1947
➨Navy day – 4 December
➨Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
➨ Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
3) The Sports Ministry of India has revamped three new existing sports facilities across the country, which will be known as the Khelo India Sports Centres of Excellence (KISCE).
➨The total number of KISCEs now stands at 27, which is spread across 26 States and Union Territories.
4) Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 6th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
➨India is a founding member and the second-largest shareholder in AIIB. India also has one of the largest project portfolios within AIIB.
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank :- Formation – 16 January 2016 Headquarters – Beijing, China Membership – 103 Members President – Jin Liqun
5) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired a roundtable of ambassadors from friendly foreign countries and invited international defence firms to take part in Asia’s largest defence exhibition – DefExpo 2022 to be held in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar.
➨The DefExpo 2022 will be held in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar from March 10 to March 13 in 2022.
➨ CM :- Bhupendra Patel
➨Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
6) Kochi has bagged the ‘City with most sustainable transport system’ award instituted by the Union ministry of housing and urban affairs.
➨The award is expected to propel the development of the city as more international firms in automobile sector, especially those based on green energy, may give focus to Kochi. 7) The Union government on Monday launched a new market segment, Green Day Ahead Market (GDAM), which will enable electricity generation and distribution companies to buy or sell renewable energy through open access. 8) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the distribution of homeopathic medicine against Covid among children. ➨The initiative of distributing Arsenicum Album 30 was as per the direction of the Union government’s AYUSH department.
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park 9) Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched a knowledge app and platform CUNSULT.
➨CUNSULT app is the first such global facility by which people who need information, advice, counsel, guidance can contact and call up experts in multiple sectors on-the-go. 10) The Indian Army on the occasion of the 75th Infantry Day ( 27 October 2021) celebrated this day by paying tributes to the gallant soldiers at the National War Memorial in Delhi.
➨As a part of the event, Chief of Defence Staff, General Bipin Rawat along with COAS General MM Naravane laid a wreath and paid their tributes.
11) Superstar Rajinikanth launched his daughter Soundarya’s voice-based social media platform – Hoote – offering 60-second live voice recording option or to upload a recorded voice in 15 Indian and 10 foreign languages, of choice.
12) In the 67th National Film Awards, where many of the renowned films have been Awarded. Sikkim was awarded the ‘Most Film Friendly State’ of the country.
➨The Himalayan state was recognized as an emerging film shooting destination in India.
CM – Prem Singh Tamang Governor – Ganga Prasad Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary Barsey Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary Khangchendzonga National Park Pangolakha Wildlife Sanctuary